Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nobody's in the Kitchen

After we marched in the kickoff for Occupy Pittsburgh, I dreamed that the seven of us were standing in a long line of people waiting to get into a restaurant and nothing was happening. No one at tables was getting served and the line wasn't moving. I stuck my head into the kitchen and no one was there. There were plenty of supplies and pot and pans, but no one doing anything. I went back to my other six friends and told them to come into the kitchen and we'll just cook the food and feed ourselves.

When I woke, the analogy was obvious. Our government and corporate leaders have abandoned the kitchen, so we have to do it ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. The good thing is that when the kitchen is empty, we get to make whatever we want.

    Bacon sandwiches for everyone!

    ReplyDelete